Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?

Prompt Response: One thing I understand about commentary now is that the evidence shouldn't merely repeat itself. Another thing I understand is that commentary is the part of an argument that explains why the evidence matters. I will start to use the "So What?" method by explaining the importance of my evidence and connecting it back to my claim in my next AP Lang argument. This will make my argument more clearer and more convincing. It will also help me avoid leaving my evidence unexplained.

Summary: Individually, we started the "So What?" practices and read four different claims and evidence.

Reflection: I finished the prompts given and made sure it all connected back to the claim. I also asked my group members to reread my explanations to make sure I did not repeat the evidence but instead, wrote about why it mattered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Describe something you will never fully understand