Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

 Prompt Response:The part that is most difficult for me is coming up with a claim. I know how to identify the idea that I'd include in my claim I just tend to struggle creating the claim. I could write the body paragraphs first and then the claim. Sometimes I also tend to struggle creating the conclusion without repeating everything I stated in the claim. When I am able to create a claim, everything tends to flow and I get the hang of it. I've always had a difficulty when coming up with creating claims and sometimes conclusions.

Summary: We learned what phrases to avoid when creating our claim and also wrote down what we can use as evidence in our readings and what not to use.

Reflection: I learned that we should avoid using second person pronouns in paragraphs and should only use them in quotes if necessary. I also learned that if we use news articles or research studies, they should be no more than 10 years ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Describe something you will never fully understand