Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.

Prompt Response: An assignment I did without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for was when I was in my advanced algebra class and I didn't understand how to solve the equation. It was mostly my fault because I didn't go that day due to an appointment, and when I got back I asked for help yet I still didn't understand it fuly. Knowing the "ins and outs" can help change the way I approached the assignment because it would give me an understanding on how to solve it, what can't be accepted and what is required to get the grade. Sometimes I tend not to ask for help because I get nervous or anxious that they'll say something about it. When I do ask for help, I feel relieved and it shows in my grade that I did understand the concept. 

Summary: We reviewed the rubric for the AP Language Argument Essay and reviewed what would be accepted and what wouldn't.

Reflection: I learned that the requirements aren't as difficult as what I had imagined. I also learned that when choosing a topic for a prompt, it's best if you choose one that you've experienced and know well more about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Describe something you will never fully understand