Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.

Prompt Response: When doing an assignment that has a rubric, I tend to sometimes take a glance at it before starting the assignment and other times I just look at it after. It is probably better to look at it before starting the assignment so there's an idea you know you'd come up with instead of doing it how you think it'll be graded and then realize you missed a step or over did it. When I check it after completing the assignment, I always observe that I get a good grade from it and change what needs to be corrected. After reviewing the AP Language Argument Essay rubric, I would use it to make sure I don't do common mistakes and aim to get the highest point possible. I would follow all the requirements and try to avoid what I usually do.

Summary: Our group brainstormed what topic we would use for our argument essay and came up with 5 claims and supported it with evidence.

Reflection: I learned that it's best to choose a topic you have a good understanding of. I also noticed that sometimes it's better to change simple words like "overly" to something bigger like "excessively" so that it doesn't seem like a boring claim.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Describe something you will never fully understand