September 11

Prompt Response: When I experienced COVID-19, I was in elementary school and remember we were told we had a break for a week. I wasn't alive when 9/11 happened, so I can't say that I know how everything happened or how every person felt at that moment. I can say that COVID-19 helps me understand a bit about what it might have been like for Americans to experience uncertainty and change following 9/11 because it was a major event that had people afraid abouot stepping foot outside. Everyone was afraid of even touching items because they imagined that it was contagious and would cause them to get ill. From what I remember being told, 9/11 was definetly an event that changed lives and also took many. It is talked about till this day and everyone mentions where they were, what they saw, and what they felt. Hearing them expresses that it was horrible, it was as if war was occuring at that moment and everyone was panicking and worried about people they knew that worked there or were anywhere neaer there. 9/11 and COVID-19 were major events that impacted everyone and anyone that lived both events could tell you what it was like.

Summary: Today we revised our paragraphs and reviewed the commentary our classmates gave us to improve our paragraph and make some changes.

Reflection: I realized how easy it is to get off topic when writing our paragraph and sometimes we miss mistakes without realizing it. I was able to help my team interpret where our evidence and explanation started to contradict our claim and we made some changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Describe something you will never fully understand