Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.
Prompt Response:A word that I think will be the most useful to me in the future would be discerning. The word means being able to tell differences or detecting them. I chose this word because I always use the word "different" and I can tell I've overused it. The word discerning sounds like a better word to utilize. I could realistically use it when having to notice the differences in an essay that both are graded with a different score. I could also use it at home if I'm questioning why something doesn't look the way I left it.
Summary: We wrote down new vocabulary words and completed three excersises to help us learn the usage of the word.
Reflection: I learned many words that I thought I knew the meaning to had a whole different meaning. I also realized that some words are words I've never used before.
Comments
Post a Comment