Write about something that you believed as a child

 Prompt response: As a child, I used to believe that the moon would follow me whenever I went out with my parents at night and during car rides. I would look out the window and wouldn't take my eyes off of it because then it wouldn't be there when we took a turn so I'd believe it got lost. I thought it was because it knew where we were going so it'd follow us always. I never really questioned why it happened because my sister would say the same thing and it seemed normal to me. Even though I've grown up now and understand the actual reason, I sometimes think back to how I'd stare at the sky watching the moon follow us and shine so bright. 

Summary: We talked about claims, how they have to be arguable, and how they can't just be a simple statement of fact.

Reflection: I learned how there are three different claims and how each is different in their own way. It seems like the easiest one is claim of policy but I wouldn't know until I try doing it myself.I learned that anything can't be a claim if it isn't arguable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Describe something you will never fully understand