Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

 Prompt Response: A time I was trying to persuade someone to change their mind was when I wanted to start going out with my friends since everyone I knew was able to do it but me. I was trying to persuade my mom to agree on letting me go out and enjoy my teenage years without involving drugs or anything like that. I used ethos by using myself as the speaker because I've never used drugs before or committed a wrong act. By using myself, I explained how she can trust me on not doing bad stuff because the one time I went out, I didn't do anything wrong. I used pathos to show her that she can see my location and see everywhere I'd go. This helps by giving her a sense of security and not having to worry about me going some where she's not aware of. I used logos by giving her specific facts (where I was planning to go and with who) and a plan on everything instead of just simply saying " Please let me go out." The appeal that was most effective for me was pathos because it helped persuade her into letting me go out since she had my location and and texted me to be aware of where I was.

Summary: Today we learned about how each appeal can have different ways to persuade people and how it varies in age groups. 

Reflection: I learned about how important it is to use the right words to persuade different age groups because everyone has a different understanding on situations.I might use this knowledge when it comes to speaking to my siblings about certain situations and things they might see in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Describe something you will never fully understand