Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, "why?" or How do you know?"

 Prompt Response: One time, I was talking to someone about how I didn' t drink coffee anymore. They asked me, "why?" I explained that I wanted to change what I was consuming and make different choices about what I drink.  I used my own experience as evidence because I noticed that I had gotten used to drinking coffee and wanted to change that habit. Explaining my evidence was important because if I only said that I stopped drinking coffee with no reason behind my choice, it wouldn't explain why I made that choice. By explaining, the other person would understand where my opinion came from and why I made that decision.

Summary: We started reading a passage and going over how we'd write an argument body paragraph.

Reflection: I learned that I had to come up with a claim and decide how I'd back up my evidence without using any outside source. I also learned how everyone has a different perspective when it came to deciding if a "good" kill was justifiable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Describe something you will never fully understand