Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now?

 Prompt Response: An argument I wish I could have handled differently would be when I took a piece of clothing from my sister not caring enough to ask if she was going to use it that day. What happened was she always lets me borrow her things but that day was different because she was already in a bad mood and doing that only made her more upset though it wasn't intentional. My goal was to make her calm down and explain that she borrows my clothes and I don't say anything to her. What I would do differently is set my goal which would be convince her to agree in sharing clothes. I wouldn't argue about her wearing mines without her telling me anything, instead I would admit that we were both in the wrong for doing that while thinking it was okay without asking first. I would make an excuse such as explain that if we agree to share clothes, we wouldn't have these arguments anymore and wouldn't have to waste time asking if we can borrow a piece of clothing when we're already okay with it. 

Summary: We learned about how rhetoric is the essential skill in leadership and that they're many ways to argue/ change the way you can handle situations. 

Reflection: I learned that there's actually many ways you can handle situations instead of going straight to arguing and giving up because you feel like you have no chance when arguing. I also learned to never debate the undebatable, but instead focuse on your goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Describe something you will never fully understand