How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

 Prompt Response: Living in Atlanta influenced me to see the city as a busy place with a diversity of ethnic groups and diverse amount of languages. The city is full of many buildings including the biggest aquarium which is the reason why some tourists come and visit. The city is always packed with traffic in the afternoons which can be hectic for people who are leaving work and wanting to get home soon. If I was speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, I would want them to know that our community is big and diverse, that they'd see people of many races here and hear them speak different languages. I would tell them that it's a pretty big community and wherever you go, it is most likely to be full. I would want them to understand that heavy traffic is basically normalized here and if you'd want to get somewhere early during the afternoon, it's best if you leave your home before 5 because after that, traffic gets heavy.

Summary: We analyzed the speech Keisha Lance Bottoms gave, how she used rhetorical choices to support her speech and how it was based on police brutality and in memory of Georga Floyd.

Reflection:I learned about how important it is to analyze and notice what rhetorical appeals are being used and how they're being used as well. I learned how there can be more than one audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Describe something you will never fully understand