Describe a time you felt completely lost

 Prompt Response:A time I felt completely lost was during summer after 9th grade. I was so lost with everything because I was moving schools, it was my sisters, moms, dads, and little sisters birthday in the span of 3 months. Besides that we had just moved here, enrolling into a new school was something I didn't want to do. I should've been used to it since I've moved about 6 times and left friends behind but maybe because I was older it felt different. I didn't want to leave that school and move to Lakeside because I was sure nobody in that school like people from Ck. To make things worse, I didn't get my schedule on time so I was very lost that first day it was embarassing and nerve racking because I knew nobody so I couldn't rely on anyone for anything. It was worse when in my homeroom, girls would talk bad about people that went to Cross Keys but I couldn't say anything because I was afraid they'd talk bad about me too. Those first weeks I had to take anxiety pills so I wouldn't cry in school or want to go home early. As time went on, I started talking to people and made a few friends. I can't lie, as a junior I still have a few friends and barely talk to anyone I mean I walk alone to class, I sit at lunch alone and it's not the best but the people in my classes make it somewhat better.

Summary: We practiced identifying claims and figuring out what type it was.

Reflection:I learned how not all sentences can be claims. I observed how each claim is different in its own way and that it's important to categorize it with the right type or else it wouldn't make sense how that claim is that type.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Describe something you will never fully understand